Father’s day is around the corner. I’ve been thinking a lot about this holiday. My husband is a GREAT father to my two children. He plays with them. Loves to take them camping, on bike rides and make them laugh. Everything he does is for them. When he’s tired, he still keeps going and for their little faces.
He’s an outdoors kind of guy, which had me thinking of gift ideas for the outdoors type of dad. The dad that likes to get dirty and is perfectly okay with not showering on a camping trip for who-knows how many days – the camping trips this mom won’t attend. I like my showers!
Here are 7 father’s day gift ideas for the outdoors lover. Some of which we own and other’s that I’m eyeing closely. They’re all available on Amazon and I’m an Amazon affiliate. Enter the Groupon Code: JUSTFORDAD and save 20% off at check-out (Offer Ends 06/21/2015)! Pssst…there are lots of great Groupon coupons that are worth checking out!
1. For any dad that likes to camp or hike, having a stainless steel cooking set for his camp backpack is a must. This is my personal favorite because of it’s compact size and weight.
2. I like the color personally but yes, father’s day isn’t about me. Which is why I think this flask along with dad’s favorite weekend beverage is an extra special treat.
Stanley Classic Flask 8oz Hammertone Green
3. For the on-the-go dad who likes to take road trips, why not pick a mattress that he can use for his car? This is a hot seller and they run out quick! I just like the idea and wish I had one back in college.
Carfond Car Travel Inflatable Mattress Inflatable Bed Universal
4. If your dad drinks coffee, consider this coffee and espresso maker. It’s perfect for the camping and outdoor dad too because it’s easy to pack. Mom will love it also!
5. If dad likes to see fish, this canoe will be used and loved. He’ll spend weekends and evening enjoying the great outdoors and come home with a big smile on his face and hopefully dinner!
Old Town Canoes & Kayaks Saranac 146 Recreational Family Canoe, Red
6. Give dad some style with these classic Ray-Ban sunglasses. He’ll wear his sunglasses at night because he’ll be so cool.
7. A portable hammock is a the perfect camping companion. We have one and though the kids use it more than dad, when he does use it, it makes for a good nap. Any dad would love one of these light-weight hammocks.
OuterEQ Portable Parachute Nylon Fabric Travel Camping Hammock
What ideas do you have for father’s day? I’m all about DIY gift ideas too so please share!