Halloween is around the corner and SAFE trick-or-treating is something that is very important to me, as a mom. I want my children to have fun and enjoy the holiday (It is one of my favorite!) but where I live it is dark and cold and easy for accidents to happen.
A few tips I abide each year for a safe Halloween include:
- Only trick or treat with an adult. No running off, mom or dad is always present (or approved adult)!
- No crossing the road without looking! (My kids are young so crossing the road is only with mom or dad anyhow!)
- Clear vision, if a mask is hard to see through it is a no-no in my family. If my child wants a mask I wear it first to test if I can breath and the vision.
- Always carry a flashlight or glow stick! We like the flashing ones and with 9 plus years of experience we all carry a flashlight or glow stick to be “well lit”!
- Have an adult check your candy before eating.
1. OFFER: 25% off Glow Stick bundle Reg Price:$9.99 Disc Price: $7.49 Promo Code: GLOWSAVE
2. OFFER: $3 off LED Twin Pack Reg Price:$8.99 Disc Price: $5.99 Promo Code: TRICKORTREAT
1. The glow stick is a flashlight for the kids, it can just “glow” or glow with a rapid flash. The children wear it around their neck so they never drop it and lose it!
2. We use the LED Twin Pack flashlights, one for each parent. It comes in handy so we don’t trip and so we can light the paths for the children as they eagerly run from house to house collecting treats and enjoying the festivities! I can’t tell you the number of times we’ve just carried one flashlight and one of us is falling behind walking in the dark…not safe! We now each carry one and the twin pack is perfect and fits into the pocket of our fleece jackets.
Additional Halloween and Green Tips:
>For green Halloween tips make sure you click here and have a safe and happy trick-or-treating holiday!
Teaching Lessons and Ideas for Halloween Safety:
Disclaimer: I am a Rayovac Power Blogger and I am compensated for my time and received free samples, however, I owned Rayovac glow sticks previous to my free sample. My opinions and stories are my own.