One of the things I love most is making my children a healthy breakfast before they head off to school. Day after day, this can be a challenge. They get bored of the same old toast, eggs, cereal, waffles, pancakes and bagels. I try to mix it up. I try to make sure that each day they have something new on their plate and they go to school with full and happy bellies. With my kids having later lunch times, I don’t want them to sit in class with grumbling bellies. When kids are hungry, they can’t learn. It distracts them and as a past teacher, I know this to be true.
Muffins happen to be something I enjoy making but better yet, the children enjoy eating. There are dozens of muffin recipes, so we can mix it up and have a variety. They freeze well and are great for snacks and lunches. I like to pair the muffins with yogurt and fresh fruit. I’ve never had my children complain when I make muffins for breakfast, have you?
- Grain Free Banana Walnut Muffins from Little Rose Book
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins from Amy’s Healthy Baking
- Date and Apple Honey Bran Muffins from That’s Some Good Cookin
- Citrus Poppy Seed Muffins from 80 Twenty
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins from Pick Fresh Foods
- Grain Free Pear Flax Muffins from Kiipfit
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Banana Mini Muffins from Baked in Arizona
- Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins from A Beautiful Mess
- Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins from Lyndsey Eden
- Cranberry Oatmeal Apple Muffins from The Nutty Nutritionist
- Maple Sweetened Pumpkin Muffins from Cookie & Kate
- Cranberry, Orange and Pecan Muffins from Every Last Bite
- Morning Glory Muffins from The Well Floured Kitchen
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins from Kleinworth & Co
- Chocolate Banana Quinoa Muffins from Yummy Addiction
- Paleo Mocha Fudge Muffins from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Cheesecake Crumble Muffins from The Nutritious Kitchen
- Carrot Cake Spelt Flour Muffins from The Honour System
- Raspberry Coconut Almond Muffins from Strawberry Chocolate Concoction
- Gluten Free/Paleo Orange Pomegranate Muffins from Almost Supermom
What ideas do you have for a healthy on the go breakfast? Do you have a favorite recipe to share or something your children love to eat? Please share below in the comment section! I’d love to hear!