Making stuffing for Thanksgiving, I am and it will be my first time ever doing this, which means I’ve done a trial run before the actual day to make sure the stuffing tastes good! Here are my step by step instructions to help you make delicious homemade turkey stuffing and trust me it tastes great!
- 1 loaf of bread, I use whole grain organic bread from our healthy food store.
- 3 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1 cup of organic unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 cup of white wine or chicken broth but I use wine and then pour myself a glass
- 1 organic egg
- Dry your bread slices on a baking sheet at 200 F for 4o minutes and rotate half way through for even crispness.
- Sauté the celery and onion in butter for 10 minutes and promptly remove from heat.
- Cube your bread and add seasoning to the mixture.
- Add your one cup of wine and stir completely.
- Place in oven-safe dish and stir in egg to help the stuffing stick together.
- Place in 350 F oven for 45 minutes and then serve.
In addition I added roasted pecans, dried cherries and crumbled sausage. I made one plain and one with the extra ingredients for variety. Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!
While you’re here, check out my other holiday recipes. Make a homemade pumpkin pudding for dessert or rhubarb casserole and serve with vanilla ice cream. Oh, and don’t forget cranberry sauce! It’s so easy to make too!