Tomorrow’s turkey day and if you’re like me you’re thawing your bird in preparation for the big Thanksgiving Day feast! To help make your life easier I’ve created a simple guide to help you roast your turkey.
- After cleaning your turkey and rinsing with cold water brush your turkey with melted butter and seasoning, I like to use sage, onion salt, garlic and pepper.
- Add a cup of water to help collect pan juices.
- Cover with foil.
- Place in a 350 F oven, baste every hour.
- Half way through, flip your turkey to brown both sides.
- Cook to an internal temperature of 165 F and let stand 15-20 minutes before carving.
The size of your turkey will depend on how many hours it will take. My 10 pound turkey not stuffed takes 3 hours but check out Food Safety for a chart to help you with all size turkeys, it’s a good guide.