Driving a 100% electric car last month was very exciting and fun! The Mitsubishi i-MiEV was loved by the entire family. We had plenty of room for our family of four, enough that I even forgot I was driving such a tiny car until I caught someone pointing at me or looking at the car strangely. Even though I’m 5’ 11’’ I had plenty of head room and leg room in the vehicle which surprised me but it was actually very spacious.
Here is what I loved about the Mitsubishi i-MiEV:
- You can buy it for as low as $21,625 and you can qualify for a Federal tax credit of $7,500! Hello!!
- No tailpipe which equals no emissions. I took the car to my children’s elementary school and they could not believe there was no tailpipe. One little kid had to look all over the car!
- I was able to take the kids to school, run errands, pick the kids up and run a few more errands and the vehicle had plenty of charge. No worries about the battery running low and I could charge it in the garage with a standard 120 volt plug with 15 amps. The elementary school kids loved that I could plug the car in the same type of plug that I use for my toaster. They got a real laugh out of this!
- I felt safe. Yes, I did and even though others questioned this I felt comfortable having the kids in the car. There are six airbags, including a roof-mounted air bag!
- The MIEV technology allowed for the car to regulate the output of the battery life for extended performance and economy of the driving. In the morning I could pre-heat the car while it was plugged in, saving battery life and who doesn’t love getting into a warmed up car! No fumes meant I could warm it in the closed garage too!