Who pooped in my peanut butter remember that Momversation? Well, that scared me a bit because my children love peanut butter. My son will eat it every day for lunch with honey, if he had his way. When I was pregnant I craved peanut butter and would eat it by the spoonful. Luckily, there are no allergies in my immediate family. Finding a healthy and natural alternative to the peanut butter I grew up eating hasn’t been too much of a challenge.
The natural food stores carry a good selection and recently I tried MaraNatha ® Nut butter. They offer a selection of organic and natural varieties that they say has zero trans fats or hydrogenated oils. Personally, we tried the organic creamy no stir peanut butter and it was very smooth and tasty. Not oily like some natural brands I’ve tried. I’m lazy so we went with the no stir!
The website, MaraNatha offers some great recipes, online shopping and nutritional information. After reading all the information about peanuts, cashews and almonds I can tell you I want a handful of nuts because of the health benefit alone! Here’s just a peanut of information from the health fact page:
More information at: International Tree Nut Council
• Contain more protein than any other legume or nut.
• High in monounsaturated fats, which reduces “bad” LDL cholesterol.
• May reduce risk of type 2 diabetes.
• Good source of copper, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and folic acid.
• Rich in fiber and vitamin E.
• May help to lower the risk of heart disease.
• Comprised of important plant chemicals, such as phytosterols, thought to help fight heart disease and cancer.
For great money saving deals and information I suggest signing up for their online free newsletter. This is one way to buy natural and organic and save money!