I love cookies. I also like cake and muffins and brownies. So do my kids and my husband is even worse than all of us combined. A family that craves sweets can be challenging, especially when I aim to provide healthy meals and snacks. This isn’t always something I excel at but like most mother’s I try my very, very best. We practice moderation and I’m good at getting my kids to eat their fruits and vegetables. And luckily my kids ask before helping themselves to any sweets in the house. I think I’ve trained them well.
One thing I’m trying hard to do is to make what we like to eat a little healthier, such as cookies. Is that possible you wonder? Yes, it is possible and the cookies can still taste good. Sure there might be sugar or butter but there are lots of ways to substitute ingredients to make your baked goods healthier. Below is a list of some delicious yet healthier cookies that your family might enjoy. Personally, I’m crushing on the strawberry maple cookies, the flourless peanut butter cookies and the spicy ginger date cookies. I love cookies that fulfill my craving for something sweet and that I won’t feel too guilty about eating or serving to my family.
- Strawberry Maple Cookies from Amy’s Healthy Baking
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies from Love Me, Feed Me
- Paleo Protein Brookies from Fit Foodie Finds
- Oatmeal Energy Cookies from Chew Out Loud
- Healthy White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies from Feeding My Addiction
- Salted Almond Butter Cookies from Veggies by Candlelight
- Raw, Vegan Lemon and Blackberry Cookies from Vegan In Melbourne
- Chocolate Quinoa Cookies from Everyday Life
- Chocolate Pixie Cookies from My Whole Food Life
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies from Green Healthy Cooking
- Peanut Butter Quinoa Cookies from A Baker Mama
- Gluten Free Chocolate Trail Mix Cookies from No Thyme to Waste
- Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookies from My Purple Spoon
- Grain Free Cranberry Bliss Cookies from All Day I Dream About Food
- Spicy Ginger Date Cookies from Bowl of Delicious
- Grain Free Thumbprints with Apple Butter from Catching Seeds
- Maple Brown butter Snickerdoodles from The Nutritious Kitchen
- Gluten Free Almond Butter Kiss cookies from Spinach for Breakfast
- Paleo Cranberry Walnut Cookies from The Big Man’s World
- Lemon Thyme Shortbread Cookies from Eye Candy Popper
- Gluten Free Almond Orange Cookies from Jennifer’s Kitchen
Why not? Great tips for free!