To end the week, I wanted to do something a little different. I wanted to provide any of you that are small business owners or bloggers, like me, with a few tips and resources that I recommend and use. I’m teaching a local community class this week and I’ve been rounding up some of my favorite free and paid online resources and wanted to share them with you. I’m often asked questions about what I use for “cloud” storage, how I train people to use WordPress, what newsletter services are out there that I recommend and a billion other questions. Which is why, I figured if others are asking, maybe you’re wondering too. Keep reading and at the end, I even provide you with a free business plan workbook to help you improve your small business or blog.
Blogging Tips and Tricks:
- To begin with, if you’re new to blogging and using WordPress, I highly recommend WordPress 101 for easy training videos.
- You can generate a free disclosure here: http://disclosurepolicy.org/
- I use Deposit Photos for high quality affordable stock photos.
- If you upgrade to the WordPress.org version for your website/blog you can use “plugins” for a more robust site and many social media sharing options, versatile widgets and more. Here are some of my favorite recommended plugins: http://greenandcleanmom.org/valuable-plugins-for-wordpress-and-installation-tips/
- I highly recommend and suggest Sucuri for protecting your site from malware issues that can cost you thousands of dollars.
- For recommended books on using WordPress for blogging, business and social media visit my Amazon Store. I make a small commission but it’s just an easy way for me to keep a list of the books I like to suggest to others.
- I like to use DropBox.com for storing everything in one place. I use this storage on my phone and desktop. All of my photos automatically sync to DropBox.com and when I’m traveling I can easily pull up client files.
- To manage my social media and client accounts I use Hootsuite.com – try a free 30 day trial by clicking here.
- If you want to use affiliate marketing as part of your revenue strategy, I suggest ShareASale. I’ve used this site for years and they have thousands of affiliate opportunities.
- For web hosting I recommend A Small Orange or Host Gator.
- OOvoo– video conferencing made easy from your phone
- Slide Share – share presentations easily online with others
- Echo Sign– sign contracts and documents electronically
- Anytime Meeting– simple and easy web conferencing for meetings
- Check List– keep track of your to-do list or manage projects online
- Free Green Conference Calls-hold free conference calls and they’re recorded so you can share
- Mail Chimp – a popular email newsletter service that also allows for you to share your RSS feed with your list
- Feedblitz.com (which is what I use)- a popular newsletter service for bloggers and brands
- Aweber – another popular email newsletter service with a robust autoresponder service
- Easel.ly – make your very own infographic
- Pikto Chart – another great resource for creating infographics
- PicMonkey – for free and paid photo editing
- Sumome – free and paid popup bar for email collection (this is what I use)
- Hello Bar – free popup bar for email/lead collection
Share with me, what are some of your favorite online tools for your blog or business?
Why not? Great tips for free!