I’m growing my hair out. It’s a nub of a pony right now and I’m very close to cutting it but I’m holding strong. The last time I had long hair was for my wedding over 10 years ago.
I grow it a little.
I cut it.
I grow it.
I cut it.
This cycle repeats its self-over-and-over again.
I’m determined this time and really, it’s getting closer but because I highlight my hair and blow it dry most days, I notice that it’s dry and there are split ends and we’ll yuck. I want pretty longer hair not frizzy long hair.
Which is why I’ve been weekly giving myself a raw honey and organic coconut oil hair mask and besides loving how I smell, I love how soft my hair is afterwards.
Here’s what I do:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of raw honey with 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil in a glass measuring cup.
- Heat for just a few second in the microwave and mix the two ingredients together.
- After a quick shower when my hair is wet and conditioned, I divide my hair into sections.
- Pour a little of the mask mixture into your hand and slather it on each section of your hair starting from your scalp work it into your hair down to the ends.
- Wrap your hair up in a warm towel (I throw mine in the dryer to get it nice and toasty!) and let the mask work its magic for 30 minutes.
I love doing this if I can squeeze in a bath because then I shave, relax, listen to music or read a book for the 30 minutes. A real treat! Most days however, I do this while working from my computer with my robe on and make the most of every working minute!
After 30 minutes I rinse my hair thoroughly, shampoo and conditioner as usually and style. My hair smells amazing and is very smooth.
What do you have to lose?
10 years of my best, healthy eating tips in one document, just because I love you. Just sign up and BAM, you can instantly download all 11 pages. It is good stuff, I promise.