Earth Day is April 22nd, which is right around the corner. If you have children or you teach, you might be looking for fun and unique ways to celebrate this special day. In the past, I’ve shared lots of ideas for making Earth Day extra special.
A few of my favorite ideas include:
- Planting a Bee Garden
- Taking a Color Walk
- Writing a Special Earth Day Song
- Making a Healthy Earth Day Snack
- Having an Earth Day Neighborhood Party
To be honest, my family and I don’t go over the top on Earth Day because for us, every day is Earth Day. Or at least we try our best each day. We’re always recycling (learn more about teaching your kids to recycle), reminding each other to turn off the lights, the television and to not use too much water. Some day’s we do better than others but we’re always trying and that’s what I like to focus on, that we try. If you’re looking for tips on living a little greenER I suggest this post on 5 things you can do today and every day.
If you’re looking for some fun ideas to celebrate Earth Day, don’t fret. Beyond the ideas I’ve already shared you, here’s some more Earth Day inspiration! From DIY bird feeders (which my kids love to make), to Earth Day cookies and play dough -there’s something fun to do for all age groups so enjoy! And Happy, Happy Earth Day!!
- Nature Shadow Boxes from Teach Preschool
- Fingerprint World from Busy Kids Happy Mom
- Grass Caterpillar from Lottie Lulu
- Earth Day Hunt from Kitchen Counter Chronicles
- Make Your Own Bird Feeders from East Coast Mommy
- Earth Day Playdough from Happiness is Homemade
- Earth Day Swirl Cookies from B-Inspired Mama
- Recycled Lid Glitter Bugs from Crafts by Amanda
- Paper Bag Tree from Look What Mom Found
- Earth Day Hands from Pin Inspired
- Leaf Puppets from Crafts by Amanda
- Egg Carton Greenhouse from Hazel and Company
- Recycled Magazine Flowers from Splish Splash Splatter Art
- Trash to Treasure Hunt from Creative with Kids
- Egg Carton Tree from Glued to my Crafts
Why not? Great tips for free!