Over the last month I’ve had the pleasure of test driving both the Kia Rio and Kia Optima Hybrid. Both outstanding cars but let begin by sharing with you my experience cruising to Michigan’s wine country with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law for a birthday weekend. We could have taken a larger car but decided we wanted to really test out the Kia Rio to see how it handled in the rain, on slick roads, how comfortable it was for 3 grown women to travel in with all of our luggage and shopping finds. It held its own and the travel was spacious, comfortable and thankfully the windshield wipers worked!
Here’s what I liked best about the Kia Rio:
- Great gas mileage for our trip! An estimated 34/35 miles per gallon making our road trip affordable!
- US EPA SmartWAY Certification Mark for being one of the cleanest most fuel efficient vehicles. Score!
- Plenty of head room for this 5’11’’ woman and that’s important, I don’t like to drive and feel cramped.
- Rear back up and sensor camera was a bonus because I’m used to having it in my older SUV and now mini-van I liked having this feature in the smaller car too!
- The trunk held 3 suit cases, 4 cases of wine, backpacks, and grocery bags and other bags and items we purchased on our trip. Plenty of trunk space!
- The car is affordable starting at under $14,000 – a steal!
I’d definitely recommend the Kia Rio for anyone looking to drive a fuel efficient vehicle that’s affordable and spacious.
Kia Optima Hybrid
I liked the Kia Optima but I loved the Kia Optima Hybrid! It combined all the features for the Kia Optima with even better gas mileage. I loved the hybrid technology and how the vehicle was practically silent at the stop light or when idling. It’s so nice to have that peace and quiet! Plus the vehicle has won the 2012 IIHS Top Safety Pick! I felt very safe driving and so we took the Kia Optima Hybrid trick-or-treating! In fact I took it everywhere that week! Grocery shopping at Meijer and you see the trunk had plenty of space! I even took it out to lunch, my treat – Jimmy Johns!
Here are a few of my favorite Kia Optima Hybrid features:
- The smart key push button start, which in the Kia Optima I didn’t love but after getting used to it I really enjoy the feature of not having to dig for my keys to start my car, a nifty little feature!
- The backseat was spacious and the children had plenty of room to sit, stretch their legs and have their backpacks beside them without feeling cramped.
- NHTSA 5-Star Crash Safety Rating and when it comes to driving a car with my kids, this is super important to me!
- Affordable gas mileage but also affordable to purchase, starting at just over $27,000!
For anyone wanting to drive a hybrid that’s affordable in more ways than one, that’s safe, spacious and offers a nice ride the Kia Optima Hybrid is certainly a great option!
Why not? Great tips for free!