My kids go in phases, trying to convince their father and I we need a new furry friend in our home. We will find notes randomly put throughout the house with convincing reasons on why we need a new canine pal. I will get text messages with cute doggy faces or a YouTube video. You name it and my kiddos have tried it all. For now, we just have one sweet puppy, Ellie the Great Dane.
We love our Ellie and with her weight, slobber and obsession with chewing wood, she is keeping this canine mama very busy. Just like my human children, I care about Ellie’s health. I have always fed her well and when I run out of food, I’ll make her rice with roasted chicken to make due. This 7-year-old Great Dane is more like a princess then a dog!
When Annamet Petfoods approached me to introduce their new Annamet Sustain® dog food, I was instantly interested after learning the company is family owned and operated (named after the founder, Rob Downey’s, mother) and the products are all made in the USA. My husband and father both have family owned and operated companies, so I instantly made that connection. Add the love of animals and their commitment to making pet food that is holistic and GMO free – they had me at hello. Just watch their story of how it all began, you’ll be wooed too!
With so many pet foods on the market and the scary pet food recalls, it’s comforting to know that there is a brand that cares so deeply about creating pet food that is safe and nutritious. After all, a pet is part of your family and what they eat is important for their health and longevity. For me several key factors make this brand of pet food standout among the rest.
- They care about natural resources; they are partnered with the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC). This means that the fish sourced for the Annamaet Petfoods are sourced with strict standards for sustainability. Fish are caught at levels that allow fish populations and the ecosystem to remain healthy. 100% of the fish used in Annamaet Sustain is MSC Certified. They use Alaska Cod and it is traceable from boat to bag.
“MSC certified consumers can trust that fish and seafood products with the blue MSC label have been responsibly caught by a certified sustainable fishery.”
- They use algae that is microalgae in all their formulas for a stable source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids. Omega 3 Fatty Acids aren’t just good for humans. They are good for your furry friend too. It is good for their heart, joints, mood and vision.
- Annamaet Sustain® is Grain Free – a plus because so many dog foods on the market fill their food with corn or grains that don’t provide the nutrients your pet needs
Other key points to note about this company:
- They’re members of the Pet Sustainability Coalition, which to me means they care about the industry and raising the standards.
- They have food for all stages of a pet’s life and different formula options. It’s nice to see a company realize that not all pets have the same needs!
- All meat is fit for human consumption. If my pet can eat it, so can I.
- Depending on the formula and poundage of the bag, the prices are comparable with other high end pet foods. And if you have to order online, most online retailers offer free shipping with orders over a certain amount or for Amazon Prime members it is free.
- All of the reviews I’ve read on this brand of pet food are GREAT! I’m talking 4-5 star reviews – which says a lot.
Tell me, have you tried this brand of pet food? After all of my research, I’m seriously considering switching our princess Ellie.
Why not? Great tips for free!