Are you fed up with worrying about how you’re going to protect your family from toxic chemicals? Well, in 1976 the Toxic Substance Control Act gave most people a false sense of security; we thought we were protected by the government and regulations that sheltered us from such substances. Since that time more information is surfacing about the harmful effects of chemicals in our everyday household products, furniture, toys, etc.. If we want to protect our family and friends we have to take action and let them know this is no longer 1976; more products, chemicals, and information is available to us today and the laws need to be restructured to protect the environment and our families.
In 2010 we thought our voices were being heard and a new bill, the Toxic Chemicals Safety Act (H.R. 5820) would be adopted but it never made it out of committee. It’s a new year and we need new, louder voices that will raise awareness for the necessity of such changes. So how can you help? You can Join Mom’s for Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families Initiative. To join you will need to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families is a coalition representing over 11 million Americans including individuals, organizations and businesses with the goal of passing strong federal policies that protect us from toxic chemicals. Some of their coalition partners include Environmental Defense Fund, Healthy Child Healthy World, The Autism Society, the American Nurses Association, Physicians for Social Responsibility, NRDC, and state-based
Join Moms for Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families initiative and help spread the word about the need for toxic chemical reform in 2011. By joining you will receive:
- A monthly newsletter with the latest research, legislative updates and personal stories on the subject of toxic chemical reform.
- The latest press releases from the Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families coalition.
- Periodic Action Alerts – for when immediate action is needed. (We promise we won’t bombard you with emails – action alerts are used sparingly!)
- A Communication Toolkit with links to factsheets and communication tools to help you effectively communicate about the need for toxic chemical reform.
- Invitations to participate in educational conference calls and social media events like Twitter parties.
- A special Moms for Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families badge to put on your website.
- A listing on our website including a link to your blog.
- Information about state level initiatives – in your home state. (Email me if you are interested in being connected to state based organizations near you.)
Don’t forget to email email@example.com and join today.
You have a voice and a choice!
Photo Credit: Krishnan/freedigitalphotos.net
Why not? Great tips for free!