5 years ago I became a mom; my husband has two Labradors that I inherited during the conception of our relationship. I am not a huge animal lover but like any good step-parent I treat them as if they are my own. My husbands attachment and feeling towards his our dogs is complete love and dedication (gotta love a man like that).
I’m sure there are a lot of animal lovers out there similar to my husband so I am writing this post for you. I was listening to the radio this morning and could not believe my ears; I heard an advertisement on our local radio station for Pet Airways. At first I thought this was a joke, no joke. Believe it or not there is a Pet Airways so I had to look into this anomaly.
I’ve done a lot of reading about Pet Airways and I think it’s great. Not only is it great for pets but for pet lovers and pet lovers seeking employment.
Here is the scoop according to Pet Airways:
1. Drop your pet off at our Pet Lounge, located at the airport. You must check in your pet no later than 2 hours before take off.
2. Potty Breaks are very important to your pet. With the human airlines, your pet could be made to hold themselves for a very very long time. Pet Airways monitors the last time your pet had a potty break, and makes sure that they get regular potty breaks along the way. This means that it may take us longer to get to where we are going, but the care of our pawsengers is our first priority.
3. Pets board the plane and our Pet Attendants make sure they’re all comfortable and that they, and their pet carrier, are secure.
4. A Pet Attendant monitors and checks the comfort of all pawsengers every 15 minutes during the flight. After landing, pets will be disembarked, given a potty break, and will be available for pickup at the Pet Lounge.
5. Pick up your pet at the Pet Lounge at your destination, knowing he or she has traveled comfortably and safely in the main cabin of our plane.
Pet Airways is a 19 passenger plane that has had the “human” furnishings removed; like the seats and overhead bins. Pets are placed in their private pet carriers which are secured using their proprietary restraint system especially designed and created by Pet Airways. Each time pets move anywhere, they track and record their progress, which means you can monitor your pet’s journey every step of the way online at . Their Pet Airways Promise that your pet will never be left alone.
This is great! For anyone that has used this service I would love to hear your thoughts.