Staying healthy is very important. I know it’s easy to say this and we all think it but don’t actually all act on it and try our best each day to live healthy. I’m guilty of this. I’ve let myself go at times and put myself on the back burner. This is bad because really, nothing could be truer than the saying that your health is the most important thing you have. Over time, I’m learning and I want to share with you a few of my tips for living healthy and improving your health. Hopefully, sharing these simple tips will help you improve your health.
Physical Health Tips:
- Take the stairs. It’s easy to take the elevator but walking up and down the stairs is better for you. If you work an office job, get up and take the stairs to use a bathroom on a different floor. It breaks up your day and gets your heart pumping.
- Schedule a walk or workout. You put everything else on your calendar so add this. If you make it a priority it will become one and soon it will become a habit.
- Consider where you park. Park far from the front door of the store instead of the closest spot, this will give you extra steps in your day and each step counts. Aim to walk 5,000 steps each day.
Healthy Weight Tips:
- Drink a lot of water. Aim for 64 ounces each day to stay hydrated and if you like flavored water, add fresh fruit to your water.
- Snack on raw vegetables. Don’t add dips or extras, just chomp on fresh celery, carrots and cucumbers.
- Get a check-up. See your doctor to make sure you’re in a healthy weight range and that you don’t have any vitamin deficiencies.
General Health and Mental Health Tips:
- Avoid drinking too much wine and alcohol. This can be easy to do if you go out with friends or like to have a glass with dinner or maybe two. Drink in moderation and less often and you’ll sleep better and feel better.
- Get plenty of sleep. Shut of your phone and television. Take a hot bath and put yourself to bed. You deserve it. When your body does not recharge you’ll feel grumpy and it can impact your work and personal life. I know this first hand.
- Get outdoors. Get plenty of sunshine and if you live in an area like I do that is cold and dreary most of the winter months consider vitamin d supplements and a happy light for supplemental therapy. It could make your feel much better. It does me.
- Let it go. The past is the past but if you dwell on it, you’ll only become more depressed. That is me and I’m telling you don’t be like me. Say you’re sorry, learn from your mistakes and move on.
Hopefully these simple tips help you live a healthier life and when in doubt, always see a doctor. I’m not a doctor but these are all tips that help me and that I try to live by. What tips do you have for living a healthy life?
Why not? Great tips for free!