We have an obesity epidemic in our country. Have you noticed? Maybe you haven’t opened your eyes to see the rolls, double chins and the fast food lines at lunch hour. It’s true and it’s scary. Which is why I committed to transforming my own life but also to help my daughter and role model for her how to live healthier. I write about this over at , how the doctor said my daughter was obese and it was a wake-up call for me. As a mom I need to live as long as possible to be there for my children but to also show them how to be healthy and lead healthy lives.
When I watched the HBO four-part documentary, “The Weight of the Nation” my eyes stung with tears. The documentary features case studies, interviews with our nation’s leading experts and individuals and their families struggling with obesity. Watch this video and you’ll see for yourself the obesity epidemic in our country and the impact it has on all of our lives.
What Can You Do?
I’ve officially shed 40 pounds. I feel great but I still have my problem areas and my body could stand to lose some more weight and toning, whose couldn’t? I’m a work in progress. I’m extremely motivated though to continue my transformation. First for me, secondly for my children and family but now for 50 beautiful and inspiring women part of with the Shaklee Corporation! I’ve learned over the last few months that together we can accomplish so much, which is why I’ve developed the Team #Cinchspiration program for the Shaklee Corporation. To inspire others to transform their lives! So what can you do today, how can you start changing your life and helping others so that we as a nation no longer have an obesity epidemic?
- Pledge for progress to curb the obesity epidemic and ask your friends to do the same thing.
- Follow the #Cinchspiration on Twitter and become inspired to lose those inches, be active and get healthy. Share your own #Cinchspiration tips, goals, and inspiration and help others.
- Start moving. Get out there walk, run, jump, jog, roll, hop, skip, gallop but just move!
- Eat healthier. If you think you eat healthy now, eat healthiER! Add more veggies, fruits and less sodium, carbs, fried foods and sugary foods. Summertime is the perfect opportunity to do this.
- Grab a friend. Yes, ask a fried to support you and join you in losing weight, getting fit and eating healthier. Workouts together, talk on the phone, exchange diet tips or recipes. Be in it together to win-it and you’ll see how much fun it can be but remember you need to sweat! As my sister says, sweat is your fat crying. I say cry baby, cry!
Seriously, if I can do it so can you! Let’s cheer each other on and role model for our kids healthier lifestyles. Monkey see, monkey do!
Why not? Great tips for free!