The holiday season is busy. For me, there are parties, events and gatherings of every sort. All of which I love but it can be hard to eat healthy this time of year when you have bacon wrapped everything and cookies galore. Which is why when it comes to snacking this holiday season, I’m being extra good! Pairing these tortillas or pita chips that are sprouted with ingredients like flaxseed, chia seeds, quinoa, black beans, broccoli seeds and daikon radish alongside a homemade dip, salsa or hummus…it makes snacking not only delish but healthier.
One of my favorite healthy veggie snacks that I like to make, year around, and pair with the Way Better ® Snacks, Black Bean Corn Tortilla chips is what I call, Garden Goodness. Yumminess from the garden!
The dip is very easy to make, it looks festive and it tastes even better!
- ½ Red Sweet Onion
- 4-6 Green Onions
- ½ Avocado
- ½ Yellow Pepper
- ½ Red Pepper
- ½ Orange Pepper
- 2 Roman Tomatoes
- 1 Can of Corn (you can use fresh cut of the cob, you’ll need 1 cup total)
- 1 Can of Black Bean, drained very well
- Crumbled Feta, to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Fresh Parsley, to taste
- Wash and then dice all of your fresh vegetables. Make sure you dice them fine or use a vegetable chopper.
- Drain corn and black beans and mix together.
- Add the freshly diced vegetables to the corn and black beans and mix gently.
- Drizzle honey over the mixture, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the mixture
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve with Way Better® Snacks, Black Bean Corn Tortilla Chips.
The best part of this recipe is that you can experiment or omit different ingredients. If you don’t like onions, omit these and add diced cucumbers instead. I like to add the sweet red onion because of the color! If you’re serving a large crowd, feel free to dice up the entire pepper, avocado and onion and add more black beans and corn. There is no “exact” or wrong way to make this healthy dip. The dip is not only delicious; it looks beautiful and can be paired with any of the Way Better® Snacks tortillas or pita chips. You can even serve this mixture over rice and make a meal out of it! The possibilities are endless!
Disclaimer: I created this recipe for Way Better® Snacks but I was not compensated other than with delicious chips and payment to purchase the ingredients. I genuinely love their product and hope you do too!