Weeknight dinners can be hectic. My husband is coming home from work, I’m finishing up emails, the kids are getting home from school and we’re heading off to our nightly activities of gymnastics, skiing, scouting and who knows what else. It’s busy. Most parents can probably relate to this. I’ve written about how to simplify the weeknight dinner chaos before. Regardless of the tips and tricks, we still need to come up with the recipes and get the food to their little mouths. We still need to cook or someone does. Unfortunately, I do not have a personal chef. Though I’d love one!
My solution, the crockpot! Which I love, love, love and use at least once a week for either a complete meal, a sauce, for the meat I’m cooking or for the freezer meal I’ve taken out of the freezer. I can’t get enough of m crock pot and for me, its second best to a personal chef. I do wish it would grocery shop for me and then I’d marry it.
To help you, I’m sharing 20 PLUS healthy crockpot friendly recipes. Perfect for making your weeknight dinner rush a little less chaotic and far healthier than take-out!
- Slow Cooker BBQ chicken and Quinoa Sloppy Joes from The Recipe Rebel
- Healthy Slow Cooker Tomato Parmesan Soup from Hidden Ponies
- Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup from Creme de la Crumb
- Slow Cooker Cauliflower Rice Greek Chicken Bowl from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chicken & Chili from Catz in the Kitchen
- Extra Veggie Chili Con Carne from Kitchen Sanctuary
- Crockpot BBQ Chicken and Quinoa from Food, Faith, Fitness
- Vegetable Lentil Soup from My Purple Spoon
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken from Well Plated
- Crockpot Paleo Thai Stew from Against All Grain
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Enchilada Quinoa Bake from Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Crockpot Mexican Chicken Lettuce Cups with Mango Salsa from ifoodreal
- Crockpot Honey Sriracha Chicken from Crockpot Gourmet
- Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Chicken Quinoa Stew from Leelalicious
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Meatballs from Jo Cooks
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps from The Sweets Life
- Slow Cooker Asian Beef from The Weary Chef
- Crockpot Beer Braised Chicken from Half Baked Harvest
- Crockpot Cheeseburger Casserole from Dizzy, Busy & Hungry
- Crockpot Healthy Sausage Mediterranean Quiche from The Cookie Rookie
- Slow Cooker Vanilla Bean Steel Cut Oats from The Nutritious Kitchen
What do you have to lose?
10 years of my best, healthy eating tips in one document, just because I love you. Just sign up and BAM, you can instantly download all 11 pages. It is good stuff, I promise.