Last Updated on
I could eat rice, every single day of my life. I love rice. I remember growing up and having rice added to my tomato soup or to chicken broth. Maybe that is why I am a fan. Honestly, I don’t know why I love rice so much but I do. Which is why I’m over the moon excited to share with you this simple baked lemon butter rice. It is to die for. Even if you do not like rice, you will love this rice. I can eat it alone for a meal but I like to serve it with grilled chicken or pork chops. Trust me; you have to try this recipe.
Baked Lemon Butter Rice
(makes appx. 6 cups of cooked rice)
2 cups long grain rice
3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 green onion, sliced
1 large lemon (juiced & zested)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the broth, butter, olive oil, and green onions to a small pot and bring to a boil.
- While you’re waiting for the broth mixture to boil, pour the dry rice into a 3-quart baking dish.
- Pour the boiling broth mixture over the rice and stir to combine.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil, and place it in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While the rice is in the oven, juice and zest your lemon. You should be able to get about two tablespoons of juice and two teaspoons of zest from a large lemon. If not, use another lemon.
- Remove the rice from the oven, and use a fork to fluff it. As you fluff it, slowly stream in the lemon juice and sprinkle in the lemon zest.
- Taste and adjust the salt and pepper to your liking.
- Baking your rice will almost always yield perfectly cooked rice with perfectly separate grains.
- The bright, citrus flavor of the lemon is delicious with so many different kinds of foods. You can serve this alongside grilled meats, tacos, burritos, or chicken curry!
- You can also change the flavorings up to go with whatever you’re making. Some other yummy combinations are cilantro and lime, garlic and basil, or just chicken broth for a basic chicken flavored rice.
- If you have any left over, this makes a delicious fried rice the next day!