Pumpkins to me are delicious, adorable and if you know me well you know they sport my favorite color, orange (well most of the time)! The hard shell on the outside with seeds and yummy pulp on the inside waiting for me to scoop and begin baking and cooking with! Did you know that pumpkins are a good source of protein and according to Wikipedia they’re one of the most popular crops in the United States with 1.5 billion pounds produced yearly? Yup, it is true!
I love using pumpkin in muffins, breads, pancakes and even cakes. It is low fat, healthy and it just tastes delicious. I’ve put together a list of great recopies and how-to’s on making your own pumpkin pie and pumpkin filling. Everyone needs a place to start or some new fresh pumpkin recipes for the harvest season.
1. Pumpkin Spice Cookies that Amy from Crunchy Domestic Goodess says are the easiest ever to make!
2. Everything pumpkin, from pumpkin chili to pumpkin fudge!
3. Spicy pumpkin soup that sounds so divine my mouth is watering thinking of devouring this soup with homemade
4. A favorite website of mine, Weelicious offers tantalizing pumpkin recipes for the entire family! A few of my favorite are pumpkin seed cookies, pumpkin apple muffins and pumpkin waffles!
5. Healthy do it yourself from scratch pumpkin pie or if needed step by step instructions on exactly how to bake a pumpkin pie from scratch and if all else fails try good old Paula Deen!
Do you have any recipes or links to share for your favorite pumpkin treats? Add your link below and let the pumpkin sharing begin!
3 thoughts on “Cooking with Pumpkins”
I'm looking at a pile of pumpkin guts from carving the jack-o-lantern last night, I'll be going through these links to find something interesting! My family always commits me to making pumpkin bread during the holidays. I've never done it from a real pumpkin, but I should try some time!
Thank you for sharing these recipes!