Last Updated on
I’ve always wanted to create a bucket list, something that was written down and I could refer back to. A list of things that I want to do before I croak or “kick the bucket”. They say if you put something out into the Universe it is more likely to happen. In my mind I’ve had a list but finally I’m writing it down.
- Take my children to a tree house resort. I love the movie Swiss Family Robinson. I don’t want to get stranded on an island and build a tree house but it would be fun to go to a resort that is full of tree houses!
- Take a hot air balloon ride. I’m desperately afraid of heights but I would love to experience this just once and then kiss the ground after I’m finished seeing the world from the sky.
- Have a motor-home. I’ve always dreamed of having a motor-home that my husband would drive all over the county (I’m not sure I could drive it) with me sitting shot gun! Having a home away from home and seeing the U.S. with our children and grandchildren. I guess I want to have all 50 state stickers on my bummer! Oh, baby!
- Be a professor. It sounds so intelligent. I could teach social media and blogging!
- Sell all my self-published children’s books and order a second run and donate a portion of the proceeds to blogging grants from women.
- Own a home on a lake or river. My son and husband love to fish and it would melt my heart to see them fish whenever they wanted to. I’d just enjoy vino on our deck!
- Find a church I feel comfortable with and embrace that community.
- Watch my children grow into happy adults and see them get married to their best friend.
- Buy my husband a corvette and myself a jeep convertible and race him – I’d win because we’d race on the back roads!
- Own a dog without issues.
- Build a family fun center that is safe, affordable and has healthy food! My kids could play all day and I love to see happy children.
- Visit Orchard House, the wooden house in Concord, Mass., where Alcott lived with her parents and her sisters, and where she wrote ”Little Women” more than a century ago. Little Women is my favorite book and my daughter Josephine is named after the character, Jo March.
- Work a soup kitchen on thanksgiving – humbling.
- Stop dieting and worrying about my weight, be healthy but happy with my body and who I am.
- Grow my hair to my shoulders. It gets to my chin and I cut it.
This is my entry in the Just Ask Bucket List Getaway Giveaway. Just Ask offers a breast and ovarian cancer screening and is encouraging people to share 15 things that I want to enjoy in my lifetime as a reminder to be aware of my health. Want to enter? Head over to TodaysMama.com to get the details.