Epsom salt is a miracle substance in my home! I often take hot baths with Epsom salt to help soothe my achy muscles after working out. It’s inexpensive and available at most big box stores and pharmacies. I prefer to use It also helps to moisturise and exfoliate my skin, perfect for when I have to shave! I also love it for my face, yes my face!
Here is how you can make your very own Epsom facial scrub – My Recipe:
- Add 2 cups of Epsom salt into a medium sized bowl.
- Add 1 cup of an oil of your choice such as grape seed oil, olive oil or almond oil. I personally use almond oil. Almond oil won’t clog your pores and it’s very nourishing.
- Add 2 drops of your favorite essential oil. My favorite is lavender and tea tree oil. I like this combination because the tea tree oil helps disinfect the pores, keeping breakouts at bay. The lavender oil not only smells good but lavender oil has antimicrobial and antioxidant characteristics, which is great for the skin.
- Mix all of the salt and oils thoroughly.
Store the facial scrub mixture in a plastic container with a lid. As long as you close the lid tightly after each use it should last 3-4 months. I use mine so often that I make a new one monthly!
How To Use:
To use this spa like facial scrub, wet your already washed and clean face with warm water and scoop out one tablespoon of the facial scrub. Massage gently into your face in circular motions. Rinse with cool water and then pat your face dry.
Where To Buy Epsom Salts:
You can normally buy Epsom Salts at your grocery store or very easily online at places like Amazon. I have added a few options for you to try out below.
- Epsoak Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate) is USP grade. It is GMO free (Genetically Modified Organism).
- After soaking in Epsoak Epsom Salt it becomes clear why Epsoak is the leading name in Epsom Salt. The expertly selected grain size of Epsoak Epsom Salt means that it dissolves quickly & easily in warm water without hassle every single time. It's transparent/slightly white in color, and is unscented.
No products found.
- Made with Pure Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate USP) and natural essential oils, Dr Teal’s Epsom Salt Soaks provide an array of benefits.
- Ease Aches and Soreness: A Dr Teal’s Epsom Salt soak is an easy, achievable way to soothe sore muscles after workouts, help speed recovery, and get you back in the game of life. Pour 2 cups of Epsom Salt to a warm bath and soak for 20 minutes or, create a muscle relaxing paste by dissolving a teaspoon of Dr Teal’s Pure Epsom Salt Soak into a cup of hot water and rub into sore muscles.
Hint: Use a handful of the Epsom salt scrub for your entire body or for your legs before you shave. You’ll love how your skin looks, feels and smells.
Caution: NOW® Essential Oils are highly concentrated and can be irritating to the skin. Avoid direct contact with skin and always dilute essential oils before topical use. Discontinue if rash appears after skin contact. Not for internal use. Avoid contact with eyes. Consult healthcare practitioner before using if pregnant/nursing