A marriage is hard work. There are two people who have to share everything and who often have differences in opinion but try to meet in the middle to make one another happy and to be a team.
I love my husband.
He forgives my faults and he loves me even when I’m bruised up, grumpy and just want to be left alone. He’s loved me through my multiple sizes (6 – 18) and has never once seemed to care what my dress or pant size is.
Sometimes I’m not so sweet and I should be. Because I feel bad I’ve made him his favorite pie, strawberry rhubarb pie. Ladies, this is the way to a man’s heart or at least one way.
I wanted to share it with you because after all, when you have a day or two that you’re not so sweet you might try making this pie for your love to say sorry. Or just make it just because, he’ll love that too!
- 1 and ¼ cup of sugar (I like to use organic.)
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 2 cups of organic strawberries sliced or go to a farm and pick fresh ones
- 2 cups of rhubarb cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 pie crusts
- 1/3 cup of butter
- Mix your dry ingredients together with a dash of salt.
- Add your dry ingredients to the rhubarb and strawberries and mix well. Let this sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the mixture to the pie crust and dab the butter on top.
- Add your top pie crust and flute the edges.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes covering the edges of the pie with foil.
- Remove the foil after 25 minutes and bake another 25 minutes.
Enjoy! My husband likes this served ice cold but me, I like it warm and gooey!