I love strawberry jam. I remember growing up and my grandmother would make fresh strawberry jam and we would eat it on waffles, pancakes, toast, sandwiches and even ice cream! I love strawberry everything but when you make fresh from the garden or farm market jam – there is nothing better! Here is a simple recipe for making freezer jam in no time at all! Enjoy!
What You Need:
- 1 pt boxes of fresh strawberries, washed, drained and hulls removed
- 2 1/2 C of fresh pineapple, peeled and finely chopped
- 7 C sugar
- 2 pkgs (1 3/4 oz) powdered pectin
- 1 C cold water
- 4 pt freezer containers with lids
How to Make It:
- Place strawberries in a large mixing bowl.
- Crush the strawberries with a potato masher.
- Measure out 2 1/2 C strawberries and place in a separate bowl.
- Add the pineapple to the strawberries.
- Slowly add the sugar and stir until well combined.
- Place the cold water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the pectin.
- Stir continuously until water begins to boil.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour the water mixture into with the fruit.
- Stir well to combine.
- Continue stirring 4 minutes.
- Pour into the pt freezer containers and cover.
- Let stand at room temperature for 24 hours.
- Freeze after 24 hours.
Jam will stay good in the freezer for up to 6 months.
To use, remove from freezer and allow to come to room temperature, about 1 hour.
Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.