I tried to grow mint this year, unsuccessfully and don’t ask me why. I like to put mint in my lemonade, teas and salads. Delicious and I enjoy the smell too! Here’s an easy way to use mint in your summertime or anytime salad:
What you need:
2 small yellow (summer) squash
1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Pepper to taste
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts if desired
- Thinly slice or shave the zucchini and yellow squash. It should be very thin. Set aside in a bowl.
Tip: Using a peeler makes life much easier!
- Cut the mint leaves into strips by rolling them together, then slicing into strips, then add the bowl with the squash.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil and lemon juice, then continue whisking and add the salt and pepper; taste and adjust for flavor, add more if necessary.
- Drizzle this dressing over the squash in the bowl, add the toasted pine nuts and toss together.
- Let mixture stand for 10 to 15 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve in small salad bowls and sprinkle with more toasted pine nuts if desired.
This is a great meal all by itself but I also like to add fresh grilled salmon and a glass of wine and you’ll be in heaven! Enjoy!
Why not? Great tips for free!