Pumpkin ice cream rules! Homemade pumpkin cheesecake ice cream is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. If you love pumpkin everything and you are waiting for the pumpkin spice coffee to rock your world this fall, trust me, this will tide you over. Homemade pumpkin cheesecake ice cream is a recipe you can make year around but it’s especially a great recipe for the late summer and autumn months. You could even serve this for Thanksgiving dessert and wow your family and friends. It is that good.
Pumpkin fans unite; here is the best recipe ever for pumpkin cheesecake ice cream. Xoxo
- 15oz can pumpkin (or make your own pumpkin puree)
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 pt heavy cream
- 1 8oz pkg cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp vanilla extract
Directions: (A KitchenAid mixer was used but you can use a hand mixer.)
- Chill the metal bowl to the KitchenAid mixer in the freezer.
- Once cold, add cream and mix on medium for about 3-5 minutes, until it comes together and is thick enough to stick to the whisk attachment without falling off, but not too thick, or you will have butter.
- Put whipped cream into another bowl and place in fridge.
- Rinse and dry KitchenAid bowl.
- Put sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin, 1 Tbsp vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg into the bowl and mix until smooth and combined.
- Put in another bowl and set aside.
- Rinse and dry the KitchenAid bowl.
- Beat softened cream cheese with 1 tsp vanilla extract and whip until smooth.
- Add ½ the ice cream mixture to the cream cheese.
- Divide whipped cream into each bowl and fold in.
- Add mixtures to a loaf pan alternating.
- Use a knife to swirl mixtures.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 5 hours or overnight.
- If it’s too hard to scoop, allow to sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften.
NOTE: Feel free to skip separating into two bowls (one with and one without cream cheese) and just all all the cream cheese into one.
Don't Miss Out