There is no need to buy a box of stuffing for Thanksgiving. It’s super easy to make your own stuffing and I promise, it will taste better too! Here are my step-by-step instructions to help you make your own delicious, homemade turkey stuffing.
- 1 loaf of bread, I use whole grain organic bread from our healthy food store.
- 3 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 1 cup of organic unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 cup of white wine or chicken broth but I use wine and then pour myself a glass
- 1 organic egg
To make the homemade stuffing:
- Dry your bread slices on a baking sheet at 200 F. for 40 minutes and rotate half way through for even crispness.
- Saute the celery and onion in butter for 10 minutes and promptly remove from heat.
- Cube your bread and add seasoning to the mixture.
- Add your one cup of wine and stir completely.
- Place in oven-safe dish and stir in egg to help the stuffing stick together.
- Place in 350 F oven for 45 minutes and then serve.
In addition I added roasted pecans, dried cherries and crumbled sausage. I made one plain and one with the extra ingredients for variety. Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!
While you’re here, check out my other holiday recipes. Make a homemade pumpkin pudding for dessert or rhubarb casserole and serve with vanilla ice cream. Oh, and don’t forget cranberry sauce! It’s so easy to make too!
Don't Miss Out