|Waukegan, IL – Wow Mom on her special day with these simple (and sweet!) homemade gifts. With just a few ingredients and easy to follow instructions, both treats can be made easily even by young children – with just a little supervision from Dad. And, because they contain Nielsen-Massey Vanilla, the finest pure vanilla in the world, the gifts will give Mom the touch of luxury she deserves.Used by professional chefs in the world’s most acclaimed kitchens, Nielsen-Massey Vanilla has a delicate and distinctive flavor and aroma. Whether in a creamy dessert or a luscious body scrub, Nielsen-Massey Vanilla will let Mom know just how much she is loved.
For a creamy, sweet dessert that is quick and easy to assemble, try chocolate Pots de Crème featuring Nielsen-Massey Vanilla. With just five ingredients and three steps, it is a simple but delicious dish that school-age children can prepare with help from Dad.
1 pkg. (6 oz.) chocolate chips
Whipped cream (optional)
1. With help from an adult, scald the milk on the stove-top. (Scald milk by heating it in a sauce pan until it is almost boiling.) Remove from the stove.
2. Put all the other ingredients in a blender, chocolate chips first. Add the hot milk last. Blend on high for 2 minutes.
3. Pour immediately into 4 or 5 small cups, dividing equally. Put cups in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or more.
4. Top with whipped cream just before serving.
Note: For an added chocolate flavor, add Nielsen-Massey Pure Chocolate Extract to the whipped cream to taste.
Younger children can help assemble this Mother’s Day spa-at-home treat that adds luxury – without calories! This luscious body scrub will show Mom how much she’s appreciated, and the calming scent of vanilla will make Mother’s Day the relaxing day she deserves.
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 or 2 drops of an essential oil such as lavender, eucalyptus, etc.
Decorative, waterproof container
1. Mix ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Spoon into a decorative, waterproof container.
3. Wrap in decorative paper.
Instructions for use: Apply a small amount to damp skin while in shower or bath. Gently scrub skin with a soft washcloth. Rinse thoroughly.