|Thanks to a family owned and managed business,Nielsen-Massey Vanillas, who consider themselves the vanilla specialists we are able to provide you with some yummy, inexpensive, and kid friendly gift ideas for Mother’s Day. For more recipes and fun facts on vanilla visit their website. Have a yummy Mother’s Day!
Delightful Gift Ideas (for Kids to Make!)
Add a Touch of Luxury to Mother’s Day
Sweet and Simple Treats Provide a Welcome Change from Traditional Gifts
|Waukegan, IL – Wow Mom on her special day with these simple (and sweet!) homemade gifts. With just a few ingredients and easy to follow instructions, both treats can be made easily even by young children – with just a little supervision from Dad. And, because they contain Nielsen-Massey Vanilla, the finest pure vanilla in the world, the gifts will give Mom the touch of luxury she deserves.Used by professional chefs in the world’s most acclaimed kitchens, Nielsen-Massey Vanilla has a delicate and distinctive flavor and aroma. Whether in a creamy dessert or a luscious body scrub, Nielsen-Massey Vanilla will let Mom know just how much she is loved.
Pots de Crème
For a creamy, sweet dessert that is quick and easy to assemble, try chocolate Pots de Crème featuring Nielsen-Massey Vanilla. With just five ingredients and three steps, it is a simple but delicious dish that school-age children can prepare with help from Dad.
1 pkg. (6 oz.) chocolate chips
Whipped cream (optional)
1. With help from an adult, scald the milk on the stove-top. (Scald milk by heating it in a sauce pan until it is almost boiling.) Remove from the stove.
2. Put all the other ingredients in a blender, chocolate chips first. Add the hot milk last. Blend on high for 2 minutes.
3. Pour immediately into 4 or 5 small cups, dividing equally. Put cups in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or more.
4. Top with whipped cream just before serving.
Note: For an added chocolate flavor, add Nielsen-Massey Pure Chocolate Extract to the whipped cream to taste.
Mom’s Sweet Treat Vanilla Body Scrub
Younger children can help assemble this Mother’s Day spa-at-home treat that adds luxury – without calories! This luscious body scrub will show Mom how much she’s appreciated, and the calming scent of vanilla will make Mother’s Day the relaxing day she deserves.
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 or 2 drops of an essential oil such as lavender, eucalyptus, etc.
Decorative, waterproof container
1. Mix ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Spoon into a decorative, waterproof container.
3. Wrap in decorative paper.
Instructions for use: Apply a small amount to damp skin while in shower or bath. Gently scrub skin with a soft washcloth. Rinse thoroughly.