I’m always on a quest to improve my skin naturally. From what I’m eating to help how my skin looks to egg white masks, lemon juice to lighten my aging skin and even apple cider vinegar for acne. I want nice looking skin – don’t we all?
I also would like to not spend a fortune. Really, who wants to spend all their hard-earned cash on skin care and have a cabinet full of questionable products with questionable ingredients? Not me.
That is why my new favorite natural and cheap facial mask is an oatmeal mask. I you’re an oatmeal lover like me you can have some for breakfast and plop some on your face. Why not! The benefits for cleansing your skin from the Sapnonins are worth considering, and it costs next to nothing.
The Steelcut Oatmeal Face Mask Recipe
All you need are three simple ingredients you can find at home, and you will be good to go in minutes.
Here is what you need:
- 1 ½ tablespoons of ground steel cut oatmeal
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Here is what you need to do:
- Mix the oatmeal and sea salt together until it is well combined.
- Option: Heat the olive oil so it is warm (I find it is a better experience)
- Stir in the olive oil with the rest of the ingredients
- Once mixed well apply all over to a clean face.
- Keep it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Then rinse with warm water and pat your face dry with a towel.
The Benefits I Have Found
The oatmeal mask will make your skin feel so smooth. It will help to remove excess dirt and improve your pores to help get rid of blackheads. What more can you ask, right?
Overall, I just love how my skin looks and feels when I’m done!