I’m a Girl Scout Leader and each month I have to come up with activities and crafts. This last meeting we focused on friendship, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. We had stations and the girls rotated. My station was focused on writing a poem to mom and making mom/grandmother/aunt/sitter/friend an organic oatmeal shower bag, using Now Food Essential Oils. These are the only essential oils in my home right now and yes, they are a sponsor of this site but I love them and trust them…which is why I share them with you and my troop.
Okay, so here is how we made our little oatmeal shower bags and it was SUPER easy. You can make these for yourself, a friend, a stocking stuffer, teacher gift, etc.
What you need:
- Organic Oatmeal
- Now Foods Essential Oils or the oils of your choices (I had a variety and the girls loved picking what they thought their mums would love.)
- Organic Soap – Two or three bars of different scents (lavender, shay butter, etc.)
- Mesh Bags – I got mine from Amazon, they came so quickly, and they come in a variety of material, color and quantity.
- Small Bowls
- Cheese grater for soap (Teach children how to use this!)
- Choose the soap of your choice and grate into a bowl. Estimate it but roughly two teaspoons.
- Add oatmeal, roughly 5-6 Tablespoons but I am all about estimation
- 1-2 drops of the essential oil of your choice
- Mix together
- Add to the mesh bag
Use in your next bath or shower and enjoy!
Disclaimer: I am a NOW Foods Ambassador. I am compensated for my time. All opinions are my own.
Caution: NOW® Essential Oils are highly concentrated and can be irritating to the skin. Avoid direct contact with skin and always dilute essential oils before topical use. Discontinue if rash appears after skin contact. Not for internal use. Avoid contact with eyes. Consult healthcare practitioner before using if pregnant/nursing
What do you have to lose?
10 years of my best, healthy eating tips in one document, just because I love you. Just sign up and BAM, you can instantly download all 11 pages. It is good stuff, I promise.