Children love bubbles. I love bubbles. They’re fun to try and catch, a challenge to blow really large without popping and the shapes and colors are so beautiful to watch. I’ve learned over the years that bubbles make a great bath time activity, outdoor activity and yes even in the car on a long road trip (put wand up to the air vent)! Bubbles have a science to them and even the oldest of children can get into bubbles if you start to challenge them to learn more about this volume of air.
When my children were young, they loved playing with bubbles. We would try to make them in all shapes and sizes. We’d race around the yard to pop them and have contests to see who could pop the most bubbles! This was an everyday occurrence in the spring and summer so I used my preschool teaching skills to save some money and green our bubble experience!
Here is what we do to make bubble time more Eco-friendly, non-toxic and just as fun:
- 1/2 cup of dish detergent (if your detergent is concentrate cut the amount in half)
- 5 cups of soft water or distilled water
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable glycerin or light corn syrup or honey (corn syrup or honey can attract bees and wasps)
Mix this together in a storage container and leave overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours. I like to make double because we use so much during the summertime.
Make Your Own Bubble Wands & More Bubble Fun
- Use recycled objects in your home to create bubble wands. We have several wire coat hangers that we have bent into a variety of shapes to use.
- If you use plastic straws don’t throw them away! Take two pieces of yarn and tie them to two straws to make a square. Dip into the bubble solution and you will create a giant bubble!
- Reuse the straws to make a bubble paining. When the bubble solution is getting down to the very end add a few drops of food coloring or tempera paint and blow (do not suck the straw) and make tiny bubbles. Carefully place your paper on top of the bubbles for a beautiful painting. We use these for birthday or thank you cards.
- Reuse your old bubble containers and wands and make more solution for summertime bubble fun!
- Make some bubble solution and give to a friend for their birthday with bubble instructions
Try These Organic Dishwashing Liquids:
- Plant-based with lemon thyme
- Cuts through grease and baked-on foods
- Contains (6) 34 ounce refill pouch(es) of liquid hand soap
- Naturally derived gel hand wash.
Don't Miss Out