Last Updated on
It seems like I do a lot of entertaining in the summer. This means I’m always grilling, cooking or baking something to serve – which isn’t ideal for the waist, if you know what I mean. I do try to make healthy salads and dips to offset the chips, burgers and treats that seem to come with the company. One dip I like to make when serving cut up veggies is this healthy and super easy avocado dip. As you might know, I love avocado everything.
So here’s what you need:
- 1 large ripe avocado halved and seeded
- 2 tbsp. Ellyndale® Naturals Premium Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 C. plain Greek yogurt OR sour cream
- 1/2 C. milk
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp. dry minced onion
- Salt & pepper to taste
It’s just three easy steps and your dip will be ready in a flash!
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or a blender and blend until creamy.
- Serve as a dip with your favorite vegetables or use as a salad dressing.
- Store in the fridge sealed for several days and shake or stir prior to serving.
*If you prefer the dip/dressing thinner add in a little more avocado oil into food processor.
What I love about this dip is not only is it easy to make and it tastes great but it can be used as a salad dressing too. What’s your favorite healthy dish to serve at a get together?
6 Ways to Use Avocado Cooking Oil
Avocado cooking oil is a favorite. I love cooking with different oils. I use them for sauteing, making salad dressing, muffins, cakes, breads, dips and so much more. Growing up I only remember my grandmother using vegetable oil. Now I use a wide variety of oils and love the flavor differences, some more subtle than others. One of my favorite cooking oils is avocado oil. It is so versatile because the flavor is rich, buttery and smooth.