Taco Tuesday is my friend. First, because I love me some tacos. Second, it is an easy dinner. I always have the staples for Taco Tuesday on hand. I buy organic ground beef in bulk, cook it and store it. It’s as easy and thawing some meat, adding some spices and making sure my hubby stops for some fresh avocado on the way home from work. (Truthfully, I usually do this!)
The kids, they like taco soft taco shells but I’m ditching the carbs and going for a healthy protein. If you’re like me and you’d rather load up on the produce, check out my Taco Tuesday “Avo-tacos”. They are to die for and easy to make. Plus this Tuesday taco recipe is super simple so you’ll love it!
Avocado Taco Ingredients:
- 1 lb lean ground beef (you could also substitute ground turkey if you prefer)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. pepper flakes
- 1/3 C. water
- 3-4 avocados, sliced in half with pit removed
- Taco toppings: salsa, diced onion, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, lettuce, sour cream
- Brown the ground beef with diced onion and minced garlic and drain the grease.
- Add in the chili powder, ground cumin, pepper flakes and water. Allow the meat to simmer in the seasonings for 15-20 minutes, if the mixture is thick add a little bit more water.
- Slice the avocados in half ad remove the pits.
- Fill the avocados with taco meat and then top with your favorite taco toppings!
If you love this taco recipe, be sure to check out these other delicious recipes:
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken