Sunflower seeds are small but mighty. They’re high in protein, Vitamin B-6, Magnesium, Vitamin E and Iron. Four key benefits of adding sunflower seeds to your diet include:
- Promote healthy cholesterol levels because they’re high in phytosterol
- Promotes a healthy cardiovascular, nervous and immune system because of the high levels of Magnesium
- Sunflower seeds are said to be an anti-inflammatory because they contain Selenium.
- The tiny seed is also said to promote heart health because of the vitamin E and level of Magnesium, which is good for the cardiovascular, nervous and immune system.
If you’re wondering how to incorporate these healthy but oh so delicious gems into your diet, I’ve got you covered!
- Add sunflower seeds to your salad, they’re a great topping
- Make a homemade salted dark chocolate bark, with sunflower seeds.
- Make a Vegan & Paleo Sunflower Mayo
- Add sunflower seeds to a trail mix
- Make a delicious loaf of sunflower seed bread
- Homemade sunflower seed butter is the bomb
- Top a celery stick with peanut butter, honey and sunflower seeds
- Make a kale pesto sauce with sunflower seeds
- Add sunflower seeds to your homemade protein bars or protein balls
- Make homemade crackers, using sunflower seeds
- Add sunflower seeds to your toast and avocado
- Make a homemade coleslaw with sunflower seeds
- Add sunflowers to a muffin mix or top your muffins with salted sunflower seeds
What are a few of your favorite recipes or ways to use sunflower seeds?
Why choose NOW Real Food™ Sunflower Seeds?
Fresher ingredients simply taste better, which is why this product is packaged using NOW Fresh Fill Technology, a natural blend of carbon dioxide and nitrogen that displaces oxygen in the bag to maximize flavor and freshness.
Because you are what you eat, NOW Real Food™ has been committed to providing delicious, healthy, natural and organic foods since 1968. Were independent, family owned, and proud of it. Keep it natural. Keep it real.
Disclaimer: I am a NowFoods Ambassador. I am compensated for my time. Opinions are my own.
Why not? Great tips for free!