Peaches are one of my favorite summertime fruits. I love how sweet and juicy they are. To zest up my salads I’ve been adding fresh berries and fruits. A nice way to add variety to a traditional salad and some good for you fruit! Try this delicious peach and tomato salad for a side salad or meal and it will be sure to please your taste buds!
What you need:
1 lb ripe fresh peaches
2 lb. vine ripened heirloom tomatoes
3 green onions, cut into thin strips
2 Tbsp light olive oil
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp orange zest
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/2 cup blue borage flowers, whole
- Clean, core, and chop the tomatoes roughly. If your collection of heirloom tomatoes includes small (cherry size) tomatoes, just cut in half. Mix up the way you cut them so everything isn’t the same. Put in large salad bowl.
- Scrub the peaches and slice into small wedges (removing the pit and stem as you do.) Add to the salad bowl with tomatoes.
- Add the thin strips of green onion to the salad bowl.
- Now make the dressing. Whisk together the olive oil, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, orange zest, and salt until smooth and frothy. Pour this dressing over the salad, sprinkle in the mint and basil and toss to combine.
- Set the salad aside for 10 minutes; taste and add salt if necessary.
When seasoned properly, Serve in individual salad bowls, sprinkling the blue borage flowers over each serving. You will get about 4 to 6 salad servings.
Why not? Great tips for free!