As much as I love summertime, I equally love autumn. I love the pumpkins, cool days, beautiful fall colors, fresh picked apples and baking. I love to bake with homemade pumpkin puree and pumpkin anything makes me happy. Pumpkin pudding, pumpkin syrup, pumpkin muffins and now delicious and delicate pumpkin cups. These are great for Thanksgiving or any dinner dessert.
What You Need:
- Cooking spray
- Sugar for dusting
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or ¼ tsp. of cinnamon and nutmeg and 1/8 tsp. of ginger)
How to Make Them:
- Place the 6 egg whites into a bowl.
- Add the cream of tartar and blend on medium speed with an electric mixer until frothy.
- While still beating the mixture add 2 TBSP of sugar and continue beating until the sugar dissolves.
- Continue adding the sugar 2 TBSP at a time beating continuously until all the sugar is used.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg yolks until they thicken.
- Fold in the pumpkin puree with a rubber spatula until well combined.
- Fold the pumpkin mixture into the egg white mixture.
- Spray 6 oven safe dessert cups (5 oz. each) with the cooking spray.
- Dust each dessert cup with sugar.
- Place the pumpkin mixture into the 6 dessert cups.
- Bring the oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- Place the dessert cups into a large baking pan.
- Fill the baking pan with hot water to where it almost reaches the top of the dessert cups.
- Be careful not to get any water into the cups.
- Bake 18 minutes or until they become a light brown and the tops begin to puff.
Why not? Great tips for free!