Pumpkin pudding is one of the easiest desserts I make. It literally only takes a few minutes to whip together and then bakes in under an hour! Plus it is a great way to use leftover pumpkin puree or another excuse to use pumpkin in a recipe (remember, I love pumpkin)! I also like to make this for Thanksgiving as a special dessert served warm.
Here is what you need:
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup of light molasses
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
How to Make It:
- Place the oven temperature on 350 degrees and allow the oven to heat while preparing the pudding.
- Spray a square glass baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Break the eggs into a mixing bowl.
- Whip with a fork until light and fluffy.
- Stir the pumpkin puree in with beaten eggs making sure they are combined well.
- Pour in the molasses and then the milk.
- Continue stirring until completely mixed together.
- Sprinkle in the cinnamon and ginger and mix until just combined through.
- Place the pudding in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 55 minutes or until firm.
This pudding is delicious right out of the oven or it can be covered and placed in the refrigerator to cool before serving. Add whip cream and sprinkle with nutmeg before serving. This is a hit at Thanksgiving!
What is your favorite pumpkin recipe or Thanksgiving dessert?
1 thought on “Pumpkin Pudding for Thanksgiving Dessert”
This looks like a tasty seasonal treat that I haven’t tried yet. Thanks.