I have some holiday money that has been burning a hole in my pocket and believe it or not I keep eyeing a Dyson vacuum. You’re probably thinking I’m nuts. I’ve been drooling over one for some time now. I’ve read the reviews; I’ve asked on Twitter and talked to other mom’s about them. Honestly, I felt guilt paying the money for a vacuum and kept making excuses and when my good friend comes to help me keep my house tidy each week she brings her vacuum…so I just kept putting it off and putting it off. Sad but so very true!
I’m sick of my vacuum not picking up the dirt, spitting it back out at me or not being able to find the bags and paying outrageous prices for the vacuum bags online. With a messy dog and two children coming in and out I need a vacuum that really can pick the dirt, dust and grime up. No more excuses!
And then like a prayer being answered from Heaven (No joke because I was going to spend all my saved money that I wanted to use for a spa day.) I was contacted by Dyson. I wanted to fall over in absolute disbelief because I was just looking at them online and in the store and was about to pull the trigger and treat myself (yes a good vacuum is a treat) and splurge.
You see, I like a nice and clean home. I’m always trying out new products, organizing my home and trying to keep it tidy. I don’t always feel as though I succeed but I try and some days and weeks are better than others. With the dog hair and my daughter’s asthma I try extra hard to keep the floors clean and we have laminate, tile and carpet throughout two levels of our home. This means I have a lot of floors to clean on a regular basis and having something that works makes my life easier and my home cleaner.
Even though the Dyson DC65 was sent to me for a review this doesn’t mean that I’m going to give a biased review. No, I’ll tell you like it is and share with you my honest thoughts and opinions. In fact, I first asked my friend to give it a whirl. She cleans for living and she knows what works and doesn’t work. Here is what she had to say:
“How nice I could go from carpet to hard floor so quickly. And the hard floor was cleaned so well. A nice wide path was also helpful, the suction was great! Edges were cleaned nicely. The ball however, was a bit big, clumsy and heavy. I have the DC44 animal cordless, it has a much smaller “ball” which turns to maneuver better. The cord was nice and long which made getting into many rooms without having to unplug often very convenient. The on-board tools are great, they work nicely. The canister for dumping was easy to use, keeping the mess to a minimum. The carrying handle was helpful for lifting. When the vacuum was placed in the upright position and locked, if touched it would unlock and fall back. The hose is flexible and reaches long distances. I am glad Dyson has changed for the better the design of the handle and hose combination. A pleasure to use the Dyson and so many positive features and good performance!”
For me, I love how quickly I can clean from the carpet to floor and compared to my other vacuum . I love the “ball” for maneuvering quickly around corners and couldn’t compare it to the other Dyson models. The on-boarding tools were great for cleaning out my mini-van and getting into all the cracks and crevices where the kids drop crackers and unknown “things”. I could see all the junk being picked up in the canister and I knew I was getting the floor and carpet clean. Enough said!
If you’re like me and you love a clean home and floors and you’re considering upgrading your vacuum or you’ve been drooling over a Dyson for years…pull the trigger…do it! You won’t regret it. I’m so mad I waited so long to try one. What was I thinking?
– Testing: Dyson upright vacuums are subjected to 550 tests over 50,000 hours. During development a Dyson vacuum will be dropped onto a hard floor 5,318 times. It will run 847 miles on a turntable rig; the equivalent of being pushed from the Dyson Headquarters in Malmesbury, Wiltshire to Valencia, Spain.
– Patents: There are currently 304 patents and 481 pending patent applications worldwide relating to technology used in the Dyson Ball™ range of vacuum cleaners.
– Research, Design and Development: DC65 is the result of more than three years’ intensive R&D by a team of 70 engineers who created 5,000 prototypes.
– Tools: This machine includes Dyson-engineered tools, designed to clean hard to reach places.
– Hygienic bin emptying: Just push the button to release the dirt directly into the bin.
– Weight: 17.3lb (7.8kg)
– Measurements: 42 inches high, 15 inches wide and 13 inches deep
– Bin capacity: 0.55 gallon (2 liters)
– Warranty: The machine comes with a 5 year parts and labor warranty.